Double Enveloping Transmission Worm Gearbox Application For Construction Machinery
1, High torque double enveloping worm gear adjust toughest working condition .
2,Universal design double enveloping worm gearbox.
3, Smooth and noiseless operation double worm gearbox.
4, Higher driving efficiency than traditional worm gear.
5, Increasing loading capacity .
6, Strict quality test before shipping
7, Customized design for various application
8, Long life service period
9,suitable price with moderated
10, moderate price & high quality
Two shafts for 90 ° Intersect, input speed must not be more than 1500 rpm.The working environment temperature should range from 0 ~ 40 ° C, when the environment temperature below 0 ° C or above 40 ° C.Before starting the lubricating oil to corresponding heating and cooling, The worm shafts, reverse operation can be positive.
Data sheet on CUW double enveloping worm gear reducer :
|Model||ShaftDia. (mm)||Center Height (CUW)||(CUW) Output shaft Dia.||Power||Ratio||Permitted Torque||Weight|
|(CUW) input Solid(h6)||(mm)||(mm)||(kw)||(Nm)||(KGS)|
|100||28||190||48||1.41~11.5||10 .25~ 62||683-1094||42|
|125||32||225||55||2.42~19.7||10 .25 ~ 62||1170~2221||65|
|140||38||255||65||3.94~25.9||10 .25 ~ 62||1555 ~ 3473||85|
|160||42||290||70||4.39~35.7||10 .25 ~ 62||2143 ~4212||120|
|180||48||320||80||5.83~47.5||10 .25 ~ 62||2812 ~ 5387||170|
|200||55||350||90||7.52 ~61.2||10 .25 ~ 62||3624 ~6859||220|
|225||60||390||100||9.9~81.4||10 .25 ~ 62||4872 ~ 9224||290|
|250||65||430||110||12.9 ~105||10 .25~ 62||6284~11892||380|
|280||70||480||120||16.9 ~ 138||10 .25 ~ 62||8347 ~ 15820||520|
|315||75||530||140||22.5 ~183||10 .25 ~ 62||11068~ 19450||700|
|355||80||595||150||30~245||10 .25 ~ 62||14818 ~28014||1030|
|400||90||660||170||32.1 ~261||10 .25 ~ 62||15786~29918||1400|
|450||100||740||190||42.6 ~347||10 .25 ~ 62||2571~39881||1980|
|500||110||815||210||54.9 ~ 448||10 .25 ~ 62||27097~51180||2700|
|Application:||Motor, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery|
|Function:||Distribution Power, Change Drive Torque, Change Drive Direction, Speed Changing, Speed Reduction, Speed Increase|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
Maintenance Tips for Prolonging the Life of a Worm Gearbox
Proper maintenance is essential to ensure the longevity and reliable performance of a worm gearbox. Here are some maintenance tips to consider:
- Lubrication: Regularly check and replenish the lubricant in the gearbox. Use the recommended lubricant type and quantity specified by the manufacturer.
- Lubrication Schedule: Follow a lubrication schedule based on the operating conditions and manufacturer recommendations. Regular lubrication prevents friction, reduces wear, and dissipates heat.
- Temperature Monitoring: Keep an eye on the operating temperature of the gearbox. Excessive heat can degrade the lubricant and damage components.
- Cleanliness: Keep the gearbox and surrounding area clean from debris and contaminants. Regularly inspect and clean the gearbox exterior.
- Seal Inspection: Check for any leaks or damage to seals and gaskets. Replace them promptly to prevent lubricant leaks and contamination.
- Alignment: Ensure proper alignment between the worm and worm wheel. Misalignment can lead to increased wear and reduced efficiency.
- Torque Monitoring: Monitor the torque levels during operation. Excessive torque can cause overloading and premature wear.
- Regular Inspections: Periodically inspect all components for signs of wear, damage, or unusual noise. Replace worn or damaged parts promptly.
- Proper Usage: Operate the gearbox within its specified limits, including load, speed, and temperature. Avoid overloading or sudden changes in operating conditions.
- Expert Maintenance: If major maintenance or repairs are needed, consult the manufacturer’s guidelines or seek the assistance of qualified technicians.
By following these maintenance tips and adhering to the manufacturer’s recommendations, you can extend the lifespan of your worm gearbox and ensure its optimal performance over time.
How to Calculate the Input and Output Speeds of a Worm Gearbox?
Calculating the input and output speeds of a worm gearbox involves understanding the gear ratio and the principles of gear reduction. Here’s how you can calculate these speeds:
- Input Speed: The input speed (N1) is the speed of the driving gear, which is the worm gear in this case. It is usually provided by the manufacturer or can be measured directly.
- Output Speed: The output speed (N2) is the speed of the driven gear, which is the worm wheel. To calculate the output speed, use the formula:
N2 = N1 / (Z1 * i)
N2 = Output speed (rpm)
N1 = Input speed (rpm)
Z1 = Number of teeth on the worm gear
i = Gear ratio (ratio of the number of teeth on the worm gear to the number of threads on the worm)
It’s important to note that worm gearboxes are designed for gear reduction, which means that the output speed is lower than the input speed. Additionally, the efficiency of the gearbox, friction, and other factors can affect the actual output speed. Calculating the input and output speeds is crucial for understanding the performance and capabilities of the worm gearbox in a specific application.
Preventing Backlash in a Worm Gearbox
Backlash in a worm gearbox can lead to reduced accuracy, positioning errors, and decreased overall efficiency. Here are steps to prevent or minimize backlash:
- High-Quality Components: Use high-quality worm gears and worm wheels with tight manufacturing tolerances. Precision components will help reduce backlash.
- Proper Meshing: Ensure the worm gear and worm wheel are properly aligned and meshed. Improper meshing can lead to increased backlash.
- Preload: Applying a small amount of preload to the worm gear can help reduce backlash. However, excessive preload can increase friction and wear.
- Anti-Backlash Mechanisms: Consider using anti-backlash mechanisms, such as spring-loaded systems or adjustable shims, to compensate for any inherent backlash.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication can reduce friction and play a role in minimizing backlash. Use a lubricant that provides good film strength and reduces wear.
- Maintenance: Regularly inspect and maintain the gearbox to identify and address any changes in backlash over time.
It’s important to strike a balance between reducing backlash and maintaining smooth operation. Consulting with gearbox experts and following manufacturer guidelines will help you optimize your worm gearbox’s performance while minimizing backlash.
editor by CX 2023-10-10