Locomotive gearbox Features
|Application||For locomotive traction gear lubrication system|
|Composed||Composed of gear box body, breather, oil filler oil level gauge and other parts.|
- Can be designed according to customer requirements;
- Composed of gear box body, breather, oil filler oil level gauge and other parts.
- The welding process implements EN15085 welding system requirements.
ZJD is located in Xihu (West Lake) Dis. Economic Development Zone, Xihu (West Lake) Dis. District, HangZhou, ZheJiang , which has very good transportation convenience and location advantages.ZJD own 1 subsidiary, which is located in HangZhou city, ZheJiang province, which is mainly responsible for EMU accessories for CRRC’s factory nearby.
ZJD’s production and office space is more than 12,000 square meters, and more than 60 sets of various types of CNC machining and quality control equipment.ZJD’s main products are widely used in CZPT CR400, CR300, CR200 series standard EMUs, and expanded to subways, export passenger cars and EMUs and other products.
ZJD has more than 60 employees and more than 20 technical management personnel. The technical management team has many years of working experience in the rail transit industry.
ZJD has obtained the national high-tech enterprise certification, 6 types of products have passed the high-tech certification, and related products have obtained more than 20 patents.
ZJD has established a comprehensive quality management system and has got ISO9001 quality management system certification, ISO/TS 22163 (IRIS) international railway industry standard certification, EN15085-2 railway vehicles welding system certification, and CZPT product supply service qualification certification.
1. Who are we?
HangZhou ZJD Rail Equipment Co.,Ltd. was established in 2012, which is a professional manufacturer of rail equipment and accessories.
2. Are you a reliable supplier?
ZJD-Excellent Manufacturer focusing on the rolling stock industry
Provide full-process Design, Production, Testing and Service according to customer requirements.
3.What can you buy from us?
We have designed and supplied a series of products such an air duct systems, piping systerms, pneumatic control units,etc.The product are used in various fields such an EMUs,subways,locomotives,wagon engineering vehicles,etc.
4. What services can we provide?
Provide customized services of heavy industry products for special requirements.
Provide diversified parts and trade services such as port machinery, steel heavy industry, mining machinery, etc.
Provide customized products for new energy equipment
Provide key process technology solutions for special parts in the field of new energy equipment.
|Function:||Speed Changing, Speed Reduction, Speed Increase|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Type:||Cylindrical Gear Box|
How to Install and Align a Worm Reducer Properly
Proper installation and alignment of a worm reducer are crucial for ensuring optimal performance and longevity. Follow these steps to install and align a worm reducer:
- Preparation: Gather all the necessary tools, equipment, and safety gear before starting the installation process.
- Positioning: Place the worm reducer in the desired location, ensuring that it is securely mounted to a stable surface. Use appropriate fasteners and mounting brackets as needed.
- Shaft Alignment: Check the alignment of the input and output shafts. Use precision measurement tools to ensure that the shafts are parallel and in line with each other.
- Base Plate Alignment: Align the base plate of the reducer with the foundation or mounting surface. Ensure that the base plate is level and properly aligned before securing it in place.
- Bolt Tightening: Gradually and evenly tighten the mounting bolts to the manufacturer’s specifications. This helps ensure proper contact between the reducer and the mounting surface.
- Check for Clearance: Verify that there is enough clearance for any rotating components or parts that may move during operation. Avoid any interference that could cause damage or performance issues.
- Lubrication: Apply the recommended lubricant to the worm reducer according to the manufacturer’s guidelines. Proper lubrication is essential for smooth operation and reducing friction.
- Alignment Testing: After installation, run the worm reducer briefly without a load to check for any unusual noises, vibrations, or misalignment issues.
- Load Testing: Gradually introduce the intended load to the worm reducer and monitor its performance. Ensure that the reducer operates smoothly and efficiently under the load conditions.
It’s important to refer to the manufacturer’s installation guidelines and specifications for your specific worm reducer model. Proper installation and alignment will contribute to the gearbox’s reliability, efficiency, and overall functionality.
Diagnosing and Fixing Oil Leakage in a Worm Gearbox
Oil leakage in a worm gearbox can lead to reduced lubrication, increased friction, and potential damage to the gearbox components. Here’s a step-by-step process to diagnose and fix oil leakage:
- Inspect the Gearbox: Perform a visual inspection of the gearbox to identify the source of the leakage. Check for oil stains, wet spots, or oil pooling around the gearbox.
- Check Seals and Gaskets: Inspect the seals, gaskets, and O-rings for any signs of wear, cracks, or damage. These components are common points of leakage.
- Tighten Bolts and Fasteners: Ensure that all bolts, screws, and fasteners are properly tightened. Loose fasteners can create gaps that allow oil to escape.
- Replace Damaged Seals: If you find damaged seals or gaskets, replace them with new ones. Use seals that are compatible with the operating conditions and lubricant.
- Check Breather Vent: A clogged or malfunctioning breather vent can cause pressure buildup inside the gearbox, leading to leakage. Clean or replace the breather vent if necessary.
- Examine Shaft Seals: Check the shaft seals for wear or damage. If they’re worn out, replace them with seals of the appropriate size and material.
- Use Proper Lubricant: Ensure that you’re using the correct lubricant recommended for the gearbox. Using the wrong type of lubricant can cause leaks.
- Apply Sealants: In some cases, applying a suitable sealant to the joints and connections can help prevent leaks. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for proper application.
- Monitor Leakage: After addressing the issues, monitor the gearbox for any signs of continued leakage. If leakage persists, further investigation may be required.
- Regular Maintenance: Implement a regular maintenance schedule that includes checking seals, gaskets, and other potential leakage points. Timely maintenance can prevent future leakage issues.
If you’re unsure about diagnosing or fixing oil leakage in a worm gearbox, consider consulting with a professional or gearbox manufacturer to ensure proper resolution.
How Does a Worm Gearbox Compare to Other Types of Gearboxes?
Worm gearboxes offer unique advantages and characteristics that set them apart from other types of gearboxes. Here’s a comparison between worm gearboxes and some other common types:
- Helical Gearbox: Worm gearboxes have higher torque multiplication, making them suitable for heavy-load applications, while helical gearboxes are more efficient and offer smoother operation.
- Bevel Gearbox: Worm gearboxes are compact and can transmit motion at right angles, similar to bevel gearboxes, but worm gearboxes have self-locking capabilities.
- Planetary Gearbox: Worm gearboxes provide high torque output and are cost-effective for applications with high reduction ratios, whereas planetary gearboxes offer higher efficiency and can handle higher input speeds.
- Spur Gearbox: Worm gearboxes have better shock load resistance due to their sliding motion, while spur gearboxes are more efficient and suitable for lower torque applications.
- Cycloidal Gearbox: Cycloidal gearboxes have high shock load capacity and compact design, but worm gearboxes are more cost-effective and can handle higher reduction ratios.
While worm gearboxes have advantages such as high torque output, compact design, and self-locking capability, the choice between gearbox types depends on the specific requirements of the application, including torque, efficiency, speed, and space limitations.
editor by CX 2023-09-06