Right Angle Gearbox Aluminium RV Worm Gearbox
Including RV / NMRV / NRV.
Main Characteristic of RV Series Worm Gearbox
RV series worm gear reducer is a new-generation product developed by CHINAMFG on the basis of perfecting WJ series products with a compromise of advanced technology both at home and abroad.
1. High-quality aluminum alloy, light in weight and non-rusting.
2. Large in output torque.
3. Smooth running and low noise,durable in dreadful conditions.
4. High radiation efficiency.
5. Good-looking appearance, durable in service life and small volume.
6. Suitable for omnibearing installation.
Main Materials of RV Series Worm Gearbox
1. Housing: die-cast aluminum alloy(frame size: 571 to 090), cast iron(frame size: 110 to 150).
2. Worm: 20Crm, carbonization quencher heat treatment makes the surface hardness of worm gears up to 56-62 HRX, retain carbonization layer’s thickness between 0.3 and 0.5mm after precise grinding.
3. Worm Wheel: wearable stannum bronze alloy.
|MOUNTING TYPE||FOOT-MOUNTED FLANGE-MOUNTED|
|When working, great load capacity, stable running, low noise with high efficiency.|
|Gear Box’s Usage Field|
|6||Water Conserbancy||16||Air Compressor|
|10||Chemical industry||20||Textile indutry|
|Ratio||7.5-100, the double gearbox is more|
|Color||Blue, Silver or as customers’ need|
|Material||Iron or Aluminium|
|Packing||Carton with Plywood Case or as clients’ requirement|
|Mounting Methods||Foot Installation||Flange Installation|
|For various mortor or double input/output shafts can be equipped|
Packing & Delivery:
Our company :
AOKMAN was founded in 1982, which has more than 36 years in R & D and manufacturing of gearboxes, gears, shaft, motor and spare parts.
We can offer the proper solution for uncountable applications. Our products are widely used in the ranges of metallurgical, steel, mining, pulp and paper, sugar and alcohol market and various other types of machines with a strong presence in the international market.
AOKMAN has become a reliable supplier, able to supply high quality gearboxes.With 36 years experience, we assure you the utmost reliability and security for both product and services.
1.Q:What kinds of gearbox can you produce for us?
A:Main products of our company: UDL series speed variator,RV series worm gear reducer, ATA series shaft mounted gearbox, X,B series gear reducer,
P series planetary gearbox and R, S, K, and F series helical-tooth reducer, more
than 1 hundred models and thousands of specifications
2.Q:Can you make as per custom drawing?
A: Yes, we offer customized service for customers.
3.Q:What is your terms of payment ?
A: 30% Advance payment by T/T after signing the contract.70% before delivery
4.Q:What is your MOQ?
A: 1 Set
Welcome you contace me if you are interested in our product.
Our team will support any need you might have.
|Type:||Worm and Wormwheel|
Calculating Gear Ratio in a Worm Reducer
The gear ratio in a worm reducer is determined by the number of teeth on the worm wheel (also known as the worm gear) and the number of threads on the worm shaft. The gear ratio formula for a worm reducer is:
Gear Ratio = Number of Teeth on Worm Wheel / Number of Threads on Worm Shaft
For example, if the worm wheel has 60 teeth and the worm shaft has a single thread, the gear ratio would be 60:1.
It’s important to note that worm reducers have an inherent self-locking property due to the angle of the worm threads. As a result, the gear ratio also affects the mechanical advantage and the system’s ability to resist backdriving.
When calculating the gear ratio, ensure that the worm reducer is properly designed and that the gear ratio aligns with the desired mechanical characteristics for your application. Additionally, consider factors such as efficiency, load capacity, and speed limitations when selecting a gear ratio for a worm reducer.
Worm Gearboxes in Conveyor Systems: Benefits and Considerations
Worm gearboxes play a crucial role in conveyor systems, offering several benefits and considerations for their effective integration:
- Space Efficiency: Worm gearboxes have a compact design, making them suitable for applications with limited space, such as conveyor systems.
- High Reduction Ratios: Worm gearboxes can achieve high reduction ratios in a single stage, allowing for slower conveyor speeds without sacrificing torque.
- Self-Locking: Worm gearboxes have inherent self-locking properties, preventing the conveyor from moving when the motor is not actively driving it.
- Directional Control: Worm gearboxes facilitate directional control, enabling the conveyor to move forward or reverse as needed.
- Low Noise: Worm gearboxes often produce lower noise levels compared to other gearbox types, contributing to quieter conveyor operation.
However, there are also considerations to keep in mind when using worm gearboxes in conveyor systems:
- Efficiency: Worm gearboxes may have lower mechanical efficiency compared to some other gearbox types, leading to energy losses.
- Heat Generation: Worm gearboxes can generate more heat due to sliding contact between the worm and gear, necessitating proper cooling mechanisms.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is critical to prevent wear and ensure efficient operation. Regular maintenance is required to monitor lubrication levels.
- Load and Speed: Worm gearboxes are well-suited for applications with high torque and low to moderate speed requirements. They may not be optimal for high-speed conveyors.
Before integrating a worm gearbox into a conveyor system, it’s important to carefully consider the specific requirements of the application, including load, speed, space constraints, and efficiency needs. Consulting with gearbox experts and manufacturers can help ensure the right choice for the conveyor’s performance and longevity.
What is a Worm Gearbox and How Does It Work?
A worm gearbox, also known as a worm gear reducer, is a mechanical device used to transmit rotational motion and torque between non-parallel shafts. It consists of a worm screw and a worm wheel, both of which have helical teeth. The worm screw resembles a threaded cylinder, while the worm wheel is a gear with teeth that mesh with the worm screw.
The working principle of a worm gearbox involves the interaction between the worm screw and the worm wheel. When the worm screw is rotated, its helical teeth engage with the teeth of the worm wheel. As the worm screw rotates, it translates the rotational motion into a perpendicular motion, causing the worm wheel to rotate. This perpendicular motion allows the worm gearbox to achieve a high gear reduction ratio, making it suitable for applications that require significant speed reduction.
One of the key features of a worm gearbox is its ability to provide a high gear reduction ratio in a compact design. However, due to the sliding nature of the meshing teeth, worm gearboxes may exhibit higher friction and lower efficiency compared to other types of gearboxes. Therefore, they are often used in applications where efficiency is not the primary concern but where high torque and speed reduction are essential, such as conveyor systems, elevators, automotive steering systems, and certain industrial machinery.
editor by CX 2023-09-13