Crane Duty Helical Gear Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit can be influenced by the class of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specified. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal gear units type HA, HB and HC are suggested for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear units type VC are suggested for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while purchasing the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower necessary for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating table, see in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm examine the gear box ranking horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size should be selected in a way that the rated HP is equal or more than the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric engine for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will end up being suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in course II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· As the consumed HP is usually 9, the machine HB-350 will be suitable.
2. Decide on a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric electric motor for cross travel drive in a class IV duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will end up being suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in class IV duty the rated HP is 3
If you would certainly like even more info on crane duty helical gearbox, please don’t wait to call us.